Friday, April 28, 2006

He's here......He's here




Actually he got here on Monday. On Monday morning I had the privilege of driving not only to Long Beach but Compton. Our shipment from China had finally come in. We sent home 2 Terra Cotta Warriors from the White Swan Hotel. One for us and one for the grandparents that babysat Jessica (whoa was that not cheap! The idea of an extra small t-shirt as a Thank you wasn't going to 'cut it'). I am soooo excitied, he's in ONE piece. The other dude will stay in his crate till we deliver him to grandma and grandpa next weekend.



6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger M3 said...

No way!!!! We have this huge human-sized cutout in the wall above our stairs and Rod has been DYING to put a Terra Cotta Warrior there. He is going to have a heart attack when he sees your post. Ok, off to rattle my husband now... :-)

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Aimee said...

Mary Mia,

I am sure you already know this, but expect to pay about 3 times the worth of the Terra Cotta Warrior for shipping, packing, handling and then you still owe money to the port and then there's money to the shipping company for something else (can't remember). And of course like any else that's somehow connected to the adoption...more paper work and then customs ...ack! I'm just glad he's home safe and sound!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

OMGoodness! I can't believe you actually got these! My hubby will be so jealous! I can't even bare to ask was the whole package cost... Wow! Kudos to you!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

A- please share Shayna on your blog, we would love that. I need to get your email address. Email me at betheescobar@yahoo.com

I love the big orange hand she is on in the picture. I want to get one made for her. Thanks for your kind words. We just came home from dinner, ate cake and drank champagne. I need to go to bed. Thanks again.

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Wow some gift! Very generous!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Excellent. I saw the documentary on the emperor who commissioned these. He was one interesting fella. Fascinating. Love your new acquisition.

Shell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home