Thursday, March 30, 2006

CCAA brings a whole new meaning to the term "March Madness"

WOW....I have to say that I am really stunned. This months referrals came out and it only covered 4 days worth of dossiers logged in. At this point, this is a slap in the face. I'm not here to speak bad of CCAA, after all if it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the chance to adopt these beautiful children. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out what they'll do next and then when disappointed trying to figure out why. The best thing I found to "deal" with the wait was to sell my house during Thanksgiving and move into a new one 4 days before Christmas, unpack as quick as possible and set up a new nursery. Sure enough our referral came 15 days after moving! This may give you something to do while waiting but isn't good for the stress levels.
Well there are 2 things contributing to the longer wait, that I can think of. One is that the number of dossiers logged in each month is growing, which is a great thing. Like our guide in China said, "these little girls(boys and girls) serve as ambassadors". I think there are people who would consider adoption but need to see someone do it first, sucessfully. Each month hundreds of "little ambassadors" come home and possibly influence others to adopt from China. Then there is the other reason why people are waiting longer, the number of domestic adoptions in China is rising. As the life in China gets better, couples wait longer to get married enjoying this life and in return some have trouble getting pregnant. I do wish that CCAA could find a way to "catch up". I would hate to see people turn away from China as a resource for adoption because the wait has become unbearable.

For those waiting for you referral.

Be sure to have supplies, like formula, wipes, diapers, etc for when you get home. Don't just buy supplies for the trip.

If there is a grocery store in the area that delivers, sign up! I picked all the food I wanted delivered online and then waited to click the order button till after we got home. Most of the online grocery orders are saved till you're ready to have them delivered.

Enjoy a good book about parenting. You've already read books pertaining to China and adoption, now pick up a good book that will make you laugh and give you a "pratical guide to happy parenting". I recommend The Three-Martini Playdate, by Christie Mellor.

All I can really say is that this just plain sucks. For those still waiting, for the love of Pete..don't read into anyone's "rumors". I know it's hard when someone say's that "My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. ............oops wrong quote. I personally enjoyed the rumors while waiting, only because I never believed them. Hang in there, the only thing we do know for sure, is it will happen.

4 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

Aimee, thanks for your support. Yes, it does plain suck at this point. I am going on 10 months of waiting and you are right, it is hard not to read the rumors. I loved following you when you were in China and both of your girls are adorable. Thanks for the post.
Beth

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Good advice, thanks! Oh, and I love that book - a friend got it for us and it's a riot!

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add another few reasons to the slow down -- the baby trafficking scandal in Hunan and CCAA moving offices -- maybe this is even the second time in recent history they've moved??

Courtney

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thanks Aimee. We're DTC as of 3/30 (yeah!) but the rumors are rampant on the chat groups. 10 months, then 12 months...now maybe 18 months? I will stick to your advice and ignore them all. It could all change in a few months again. We just don't know....but I'm not moving houses :)

Love following your journey. Keeps me hopeful. The girls are adorable together.

jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home