Monday, April 03, 2006

One month home!




Wow, it's already been a full month. Today was also Emma's first doctors visit and baby check up. It's official, she's a pudgy panda. At 10 months, she's weighing in at 19 lbs and 7 oz and is 28 inches tall. Emma has made huge strides since being home. She went from not being able to feed herself, not being able to sit or roll over, to stuffing food in her mouth, sitting for hours on end, rolling across the room and walking in her walker. She now prefers her "Mama" over her "Baba" (Dada in Chinese)which of course makes me feel great. She still LOVES her Baba. He's greeted every night with a huge smile and arms reaching for him. The girls are getting along great. We can't believe sometimes how tolerant Jessica can be. One of the greatest things for us to see, is when Emma gets excitied over her own accomplishments. If she makes the toys play music, she'll stop and clap for herself. It's too cute. In an effort to communicate better with Emma, we've started some sign language, I'm sure this will take some time. We feel extrememly fortunate that we have two happy and healthy girls.

4 Comments:

At 9:37 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Look how happy she is! It sounds like you have a great dynamic at home. Especially when big sister is so supportive. :)

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Doug and Terrye said...

Dear Aimee,
What a precious family you have!!! Those two little princesses are going to fill your days as well as your hearts. We have been home for almost 3 weeks and it has been an exciting time. I appreciated all of your info from your trip, we felt like we were walking in the footsteps you left behind for us in Guangzhou.
Terrye in FL
www.graceelyseshirley.blogspot.com

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amiee-
I just saw that you had posted a comment on my blog. I took a few minutes to watch the "First Meeting" video and I have to say that was really neat!! Welcome home to the newest family member "Emma" and I can only hope that they get along as well as our two do.
Good Luck and I will post a link to you blog from mine!
Jeff S.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Happy One MOnth Home! Emma just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! I can't stand it I want my baby! When ever I see another cute baby it drives me crazy! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home