Wednesday, April 05, 2006

TRUE LOVE

This is Jessica and Lambie Pie. These two are best friends and share an unconditional love for each other. Regardless of how dirty, stinky and nasty Jessica allows Lambie to get he's still right their for her. No matter how smelly and dirty Lambie Pie is, Jessica still loves him to pieces. Not too long ago we had a major scare in the house. Lambie Pie was missing. We searched high and low. I actually got in the car and drove back to the restaurant and looked in the parking lot, front of the restaurant and under all the tables. Tears started as I was coming home to deliver the devistating news. I knew how important Lambie Pie had become since Mommy and Daddy had just been gone for 3 weeks. Then the idea that maybe Lambie Pie had fallen out of the car on the way to the restaurant and the neighbors dog got a hold of it, entered. Sure enough, I was quick to knock on the neighbors door and proclaim that I really wasn't nuts, but would they be willing to look for Lambie Pie in their house as maybe one of their dogs picked it up. After a quick browse through their home, they said "She'll just have to go to sleep without it". GASP! I was quick to return with "No you don't understand. We just left one night for 3 weeks and returned home with a baby sister. Lambie Pie has become more important than ever. There is no "going to bed without him" or any substitute" Then the sweet yelp came out of my sister in laws mouth, "I found him!!!!" Oh my gosh! Lambie Pie was found outside under the table. How on earth? How did that happen? I was never so happy as to run upstairs and give Jessica her sweet loved Lambie Pie.

Lambie Pie is a true member of the family as he too requires love, bottles, baby wipes and diapers. One of the cutest things to ever come out of Jessica's mouth (and believe me there are many) was last night she and Lambie Pie came into the kitchen. Jessica was holding him in her arms and while looking at his face said. "Just look at that face". I wonder if Lambie Pie will make it to college, or her wedding....this is her first true love!




I still have my first security teddy bear. I gave Henry to Jessica when she was about a year old and as you can see, she bit his nose right off. I almost cried. Does anyone else still have their "Lambie Pie"?

9 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

I still have the Mickey Mouse I got when I was two years old and we went to Disneyland for the first time. It is in Shayna's closet waiting for her.
Thanks for the great story. Long live Lambie Pie.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jeff's Place said...

I must say that I can't remember if I had "just one" favorite. My oldest sure has one, Sophie the tiger.
The first day home she met Sophie and has never, well at least on purpose, let go of Sophie. When she was about 18 months old we took a trip to Hawaii and lost Sophie on a sightseeing trip. We looked High and Low but no Sophie. What we we to do? We found a toy shop and found another tiger. Our oldest was okay with that, the two of us on the other hand were devistated! So when we came home I searched and searched eBay. Finally found two just like it and bought both. So when the first box came, we decided that Sophie was sent to the "spa", Spa eBay. So now it is a running joke and the poor "Sophie #2" is so beat up that we keep joking with her that maybe it is time for Sophie to return to the Spa!

Glad you found Lambie Pie, believe me I know what you were going through!

Jeff

 
At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny you should ask- eric and i are having a challenging day (truck got broken into last night) and he decided to punch my beloved bunny and snoopy each in the face to relieve his stress. they have been with me thru thick and thin since i was around 3 years old. i still love them to pieces and can always count on them when i'm having a bad day- not like eric, though- they didn't deserve a punch in the snouts. thanks for the story and the wonderful pictures of Jessica. she's so freakin cute i can't hardly stand it! i agree- long live Lambie Pie!

jen

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine was called Bald head (doll that I cut the hair off) When she would get all dirty, my mom would throw her in the washing machine and seconds later....she was all clean. A few years ago, my mom broke the news to me. The doll I still have is not the original "Bald head", more like the 10th or so. I always wondered how she could get all cleaned up so fast. Glad Lambie Pie was found! What a relief....

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Emily said...

I had a thermal blanket named "Ni-Nee"- it slept under my head for many years. Also- my care bear "Sleepy"- his fur is all matted, the stuffing has migrated down to his feet- but I wouldn't go to sleep without him!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Your daughter Jessica looks so much like my neice Madeline. You will have to check out the pictures on my blog of Madeline. She is a little older - 4. They all have their blankets and baa also. Funny what kids get attached to. My youngest neice has attached to a burp cloth! You can't go anywhere without that scrunchie. Glad you found lambie!
www.journeytoayden.blogspot.com
Amie

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Yes! I had a blanket that I was brought home from the hospital in.....fast forward 27 years (yes, it came to college....) my husband was leaving for 3 months and my infant son would not sleep....I had this brilliant idea to let him sleep with "night night" (yes, it had a name)- he is now 5 and still sleeps with it (name change though "two two"...don't ask!) it is falling apart and a huge mess but he loves it- (yes, sometimes I sneak a feel of the blanket!).....

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger trk said...

I have a baby cry-baby doll. My uncle gave her too me when I was one year old. She is a stuffed doll with yarn hair, tears sewn on her face, and a red dress. Okay, I chewed off the tears years ago, the yarn hair is about three strands left and the dress has a hot chocolate stain on it that won't come out. But she is still my baby cry-baby and the love is there.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger SARA said...

Oh yes! I am so glad to be able to run and tell my husband that it is ok that I still have my blankie!!! My grandmother gave me a pink and red blanket when I was 4. It had Holly Hobby sewn on each side when it was new but that fell off a long time ago. You can still see where she was sewn on. I have been searching for material the same as it but it has been washed so many times (I am now 31) that I can't find a material that matches it. It is like that material teddy bears are made out of but much softer and not so "hairy"...more fluffy...but it has been washed so much that I can't tell. I think even if I did make another one that I would never give up my pink & red blanket! It goes with me everywhere, to hotels, on vacations, home to visit family, everywhere! I can't sleep without it!!!!!
thanks for sharing the lambie pie story. I followed your journey to China and back and I love reading your hilarious posts.
Thanks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home