Monday, May 08, 2006

Adventures in babysitting

In a nutshell, here was our anniversary night. The babysitter had her boyfriend over here almost the entire time, charged us $5 an hour per kid even though I myself put Emma to sleep before we even left and won't be asked to come back. We would have said something about the $10 an hour for really only watching one kid, but I couldn't pick my mouth up off the floor after the "boyfriend" was explaining that Jessica was startled by him walking through the front door.

We however had 5 hours of a great time. Phil surprised me with a great dinner at a local winery and an anniversary diamond ring.


Saturday we spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's so I could wake up bright and early to run an 8K with my dad. I have not run since November and have bad knee's. By mile one I was ready to lay down and die. I literally didn't pass one person. However, I think I saw Grandma Moses pass me with her walker. Oh well, I finished!! Two things I found out.. I really do miss running and I am so out of shape it's downright sad!
"say what, I'm going to turn 1 this week" ?
Can you believe it's Emma Bear's birthday on Thurs! Whoa, my "baby" is already one!
Bubbles....so light and fat free!
Better run Jessica, here I come!

5 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Blogger Jenny V said...

Oh my, Good help is hard to find now days. I am amazed that she didn't want medical benefits as well. For her and her boyfriend!! Good for you in the diamond category. I had to wait for 10 years to get mine! BTW I have to know where you got Emma's ladybug outfit with the hat. It is way too cute. Congratulations on the run. I am not a runner. I walked a half marathon last November. I like walking, running I hate. Also Congratulations on 5 years of marriage.
Jenny V

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

I cannot believe what babysitters charge now. Oh, does she not know to 'hide' the boyfriend? Anyway, glad you had a great anniversary. And happy birthday Miss Emma! Eat lots of cake and icing.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger SARA said...

Happy Birthday Emma Bug!!!!

Love the ladybug outfit!!!!!!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Happy birthday, Emma!

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Adorable Emma! 8K momma? not too shabby!

Shannon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home