Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Dear Gawd, when will it end ?


I've been lying in bed since 7pm, watcing TV and hanging out with my best friend, the laptop. My legs hurt something fierce today. I have had problems with my knee's since we moved into this house. Something about hauling the 32 pound two year old up and down the stairs...which isn't happening anymore. So now to the point..........................

Dogs....loud, barking, annoying, obnoxious dogs, obnoxious dogs at 4am...starting to smell what I'm steppin' in? I'm sick and tired of hearing the f' ing dogs. I love dogs, I used to have a dog...till she wanted to eat the baby. But dogs that go ape shit at 2,3 or 4 in the morning...make me nuttier than a squirrel turd. I can't stand it. No lie, we were in this house not but 4 days before I called animal control on my neighbor. She has 4 dogs and all were left outside with NO water or food. I have no tollerance for that.

Unlike the last cest pool of a neighborhood I used to live in, the animal control folks actually come out.....fast. They fed the neighbors animals for 3 straight days and gave the owner 72 hours to call. Of course the day they showed up to take the animals away, someone (a daughter or son) was home and cleared things up. We haven't heard much from those hounds.

In the last neighborhood, the people directly behind us, decided to leave for 10 solid days and leave their dog outside. For 10 solid days I was ready to sit at thedeep end of my pool. Thanks to the nature of our business, I can look up the name of a home owner using their address. And sometimes, these people are listed. Let's just say I truely enjoyed calling these jerks at 4am when their dog was going crazy. I'm up...you should be too....it's your stinkin' dog! They finally figured out it was us and long story short they ended up cutting the vocal cords of the dog. Not what we would have recommended.....we just thought they ought to let the dog inside. Let's you know what kind of jerk they were.

I'll have to keep you posted on the dog that's been ticking us off for...oh the past 5 months. We first need to figure out which dog...we live in a coldasac that backs to another coldasac and connects to another road. We'll try to be nice at first and ask nicely that they bring fluffy ass inside at night......then bust out the poison meatballs. Just kidding....no one's killing fido. Seriously, if you have dogs do the world a favor, please bring them in at night.

6 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nuttier than a squirrel turd...lol..have to use that one.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

So funny you just wrote this as we have been going crazy over a dog somewhere behind our house. It yelps. Before 6am, after midnight, yelp yelp yelp! There is an episode of Seinfeld that I love with Elaine screaming at the dog outside for barking. I was doing that the other day. Then Elaine gets Kramer and Newman to take the dog and leave it in the country side. But, the dog finds its way back and back to barking.

I love dogs, I love MY dog the most. But we always taughter her not to bark and she barely does. And, when it happens we say no barking and she stops. Why can't other owners teach their dogs our trick?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Dogs shouldn't be outside at night. I hope you figure out whose dog it is and report them.

I have two dogs (they always sleep inside) and it makes me sick to think about how your previous neighbors treated their dogs. Some people shouldn't have pets or children!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

I hear Advil will kill dogs - I used to live in a neighborhood where I came really close to trying that on the next door neighbor's dog! Just kidding - not promoting killing!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ummm..that middle picture scares the crap out of me! We used to have an annoying barker right next door to us. I came very close to harming that dog when I was home recuperating from surgery and trying to get some rest. Happily, they have moved. My dogs aren't barkers. Thankfully.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I, too, love doggies...I do a lot of training and rescue actually. People that have dogs and leave them outside shouldn't have dogs. They're companion animals. Because they're companions, when they're separated from their pack, they bark, and bark, and bark. It's not their fault. But, yes, totally annoying. Keep calling animal control. They will usually try to educate and, if it doesn't work, will take the dogs.

Cutting the vocal cords...poor dog. She would have been better off giving him to the shelter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home