Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend wrap-up

Well, we've been down and out around here. Jessica started Wens night with a big fever and by Friday we found out that she had Hand, Foot and Mouth.........sounds much nastier than it really is. By Friday afternoon it looked like Emma got it too. The worst part about this, was missing my grandmother's 85th birthday brunch today. Who needs a $50 all you can eat brunch, offering everything under the sun, while sitting snuggled up to the Pacific Ocean, slapping against the window while you eat? Heck, I had a half burnt Pop Tart while the 2 year old was climbing up my front to get a better angle while attempting to scream in my face. Maybe in another 5 years or so, someone will offer to pay for us to have brunch at the Marine Room in La Jolla.

Something exciting did happen this weekend. Take a look at this beaut. You are looking at a Huntington Piano made around 1900. This puppy is over 100 years old and still plays. Wanna read the best part?


This bad boy was FREE! Thanks to Stacey Teague, I found out about Freecycle. In a nutshell Freecycle is a place where people can post free stuff they want to give away. You can also post something you may want. I decided for the first time ever using the site, I would go huge. I wasn't just going to post and ask for a used Q-tip or one lonely brown sock...I asked for a piano. Ask and ye' shall receive my friends. We're still in shock.

To cap off this weekend, Jessica had another dance recital. I did so much better this time than last November, I didn't even blubber into the video camera. When we called the school on Thursday to say Jess wouldn't make it becuase she was sick, the director said "I sure hope she can make it for Sunday's recital, she's Ms. Wendy's best dancer!" Take a look for yourself.

Click HERE to view the dance recital.

6 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

Oooh, what a beautiful piano!

Jess was definitely the BEST dancer in the bunch. She had the elephant trunk dance DOWN, and the mosquito dance was cracking me UP!! She got each move right!!!!!

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

Oh, the dance was just too cute!

Love the piano. Cannot wait to hear the girls play on it.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Jen said...

My good friend's 12 month old son has that hand, foot, mouth disease too. Weird thing.

Nice going on the piano...I'll have to check out that site.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Tonia said...

SOoooooo cute!!!!!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

She is a good dancer! She really got into the character, you know? I love those hats!

That's a nice piano - what a find!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Nice piano! My daughter is suffering with Hand Foot Mouth too- she is MISERABLE! Where are you in CA? We are up in TOrrance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home