Monday, October 22, 2007

It's worse than you think


People have been emailing and asking if it's really as bad as it looks.......they answer is No. It's actually worse. We're fine. My grandma was evacuated last night as firemen we're pounding down her front door. My aunt was able to get her. Then my aunt heard my parents house was in danger and they're on vacation. She spent hours in the middle of the night to rescue all the animals. As of today we think my grandma's house was spared, but we're not sure. She tried to go back to her house today and the neighborhood is shut down and she's not allowed in. My parents house........there are two major roads that many houses have burned on....my parents house is in between these two roads. We won't know till Thur or Fri when they open up roads so my aunt can drive and take a look. I had no idea of any of this till 7am this morning. I was getting ready to go to work and was listening to the radio and heard..."Major fire...Bandy Canyon road...San Pasqual Valley". I immediately called my parents who were already hysterical. All this after spending 4 days in the hospital with a friend who ended up in the ICU. Long story there...but after 4 days of endless Dr's playing "hot potato" with her and no one wanting to do shit for her...a surgeon opened her up to see that there was a foot and a half of her intestine that was rotted and she was dying. Something about an infection after having her appendix taken out and her intestine had shut down and had gang green. I'm actually going to work tomorrow given that I can actually drive there with all the fires....I'm actually looking forward to work as a mental vacation. Keep you posted.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Kayce said...

Thinking good thoughts....keep us posted!

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Be safe!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It is just so terrible. I'll be praying for you and your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home