Monday, February 19, 2007

One year ago today

February 19th 2006



March 06

April 06

May 06

June 06


July 06


August 06

September 06

October 06

November 06


December 06
January 07


Taken last night after dinner




One year ago today Emma joined our family. It's unbelievable at times that a full year has passed by. We've been thankfully to experience so many "1st's" with her. From teeth to potty training. We've been celebrating all weekend, with a trip to Disneyland, a trip to the beach, and a good Chinese New Year dinner. You wait so long for "the day" to come and it all seems to go so fast. I still remember the first night we had Emma. Before we left for China we were given her schedule. Amoung other things listed, it said that every night around 1am, she wakes up for a bottle. I remember Emma stirring around in need of a bottle that first night. I was more than happy to get out of bed and make her the bottle. After all, I had waited 15 months to make her a bottle. Blurry eyed, I stood over the sink and made her a bottle of formula. I looked over to see what time it was. That's when I felt sad and tried real hard not to cry. Tonight was the night. I was not the only "mama" awake at 1am to feed Emma a bottle. I was sure that her foster mother was also awake. I'm sure out of routine she woke up at 1am almost every night and she was awake that night. Only there was no baby to feed. Her crib was empty. Emma was gone. Even though she had dreamt about how hard that night was going to be, I'm sure it was still hard. I too had dreamt about that night and my crib was full and I had a hungry baby. That's when it hit hard. Adoption is full of emotion. Loss and gain, to be felt by so many. Hard to believe it's been a year.


6 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Beautiful post, Aimee. Thanks so much for that progression of pictures. It is amazing to see how Emma has grown.

It's this kind of stuff that really helps those of us still waiting....seeing a beautiful little girl grow.

Hope you and yours are well!

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Wow! the year goes fast huh? She has certainly grown a lot in the last year- she looks confident and beautiful and obviously knows she is loved! Congrats on your anniversary~
Meg

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

Happy 1 year. It has been so amazing to be apart of your lives. Emma (and Jess) have changed and grown so much this year.

You wrote a beautiful post.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

Wow, a year already. Happy Emma Day!!!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jeff's Place said...

I can only echo everything said already.
Anniversies are always a hard day, but at the exact same time they ar the happiest day as well!!

Congrats!

Jeff & Family

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a year you've had! She is a cutie. Found your blog on a link...

www.radicchis.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home