Thursday, March 02, 2006

Adios Muchachos



There are new pictures off to the right. Click on the "flicker badge" to see them


There is sooo much more I wanted to write tonight. It's pushin' 10pm and we are literally throwing things into suitecases. We decided at the very last minute to go on the harbor cruise for dinner. We went with Joe and Nicole Ferris....who are a totall blast. We took the oath at the US Consulate today...total formality and drug out. We are going to miss China. We have had such a total blast and really love China. We can't wait to bring the girls back on a heritage tour...which CCAI is now doing. OUr favorite guide James is the director of these new heritage tours. We have to have our bags out by 5am....argggg. We want to go home but know how exstremely difficult it will be. Jessica is not yet 3 years old and she'll be all over us like a rash. We'll all be soooo tired and with the time change. I also have gotten worse...my head is so full of junk. Oh well. To everyone who is coming to Guangzhou... you have to visit HEBE. No lie this woman will give you the bargain of the century. Go down the main drag...past Sherry's (which is all but closed down), past Double Happines, past Jessica's place and make a right. Her shop is small but I tell you.....dresses are 4 US dollars and outfits that have 2 pieces are 5 dollars. And when you need a BIG suitcase...12 Bucks. This woman is awesome. Seriously tell her Aimee sent you. I have also done all of us a favor and have explained what a diaper bag is. You will NOT find a cute diaper bag in China. Trust me....I have looked high and low. Diaper bags are not needed in China. The mom's don't load up the babies to have lunch with girlfriends or coffee at Starbucks. When I explained to Hebe how much us American mommies are willing to spend on a diaper bag...she about had a heart attack. Another woman was quick to show her the Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag. When I asked Hebe what she tought we spent on those in the states, she said $30???? I said, try $150.00 US Dollars. When she converted this to Yuen...she about died. I explained to her that if she were to "copy" the cute Asian diaper bag look she would be very rich very soon. Needlesss to say Hebe is working on something and should have something in about a month. She also has my email address. Today was gorgeous....are really good send off to a once in a life time trip to China. Sorry if my writting is that of a 5 year old, trying to get my rump into bed. I promise to write more once we are home and my eyes can focus. Thank you everyone for following our journey, hope you have enjoyed it. We certainly have LOVED sharing this with all of you. I can't wait to show of our little Emma Bear. I will post the meeting of Emma and her big sis Jessica. This may take awhile....jetlag is the worst thing I have ever felt and it will probably take a good while to get over. Please keep Phil's grandmother and Emma's great grandmother in your thoughts. We have learned since being in China that she is not doing well and well........Phil's father who was to meet us in San Diego has taken the red eye home to be with his mother. We love you Cora Lee.

10 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

I wish you a safe trip home. We have missed you and have felt so lucky to have tagged along on your journey. I know you won't get this message right away.....but, Phil, I wish you and your family health and hope you have better news upon returning home.

You will all be in our thoughts.

-Kim (and Rudd and Cheryl)

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Kim M. said...

It's been a joy following your journey. I hope for a safe trip home.

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee and Philip (Oops, Phil, you can tell I have known you since the day you were born!) I have loved every word and picture of your journey! You have done such a good job of letting us be a part! Have a safe trip home and a sweet reunion with Jessica. You know Cora Lee will be in my prayers...she is such a gracious lady. Take care... Aunt Anne

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Catherine said...

It has been such a treat following your journey to Emma!

I look forward to seeing the pics of your return to the US....when you're up to it! :o)

Congratulations to your wonderful family! Your blog has been a blessing to me in my long wait for mommyhood.

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Aimee,
You have meant so much to me over the past two weeks. I am LID April 27 so we are next to travel and we haven't received our TN yet - 5 weeks tomorrow. Anyway, it has been wonderful to read your blog and see your precious baby, Emma. We wish your family the best and look forward to your next post.

Sharon M.Ankerich
redthreadconnection.blogspot.com

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Alyson and Ford said...

Thanks for allowing us to tag along. Its been a great trip.

Safe journey home...

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Thank you for sharing your adventure. Wishing you a safe trip home. And sending Cora Lee good wishes too.

Can't wait to follow your story when Jessica meets her little sissy.

Shelley

 
At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aimee and Phil, What a whirlwind you have been on!! I am sure you are exhausted, excited, concerned, shocked, happy, grumpy, sleepy, thrilled, sad, anxious, tired, and many more feelings I can't even begin to think of or feel. We are so glad that technology has worked in our favor and allowed us to read about your adventures and see pics of you guys, and cute little Emma! We sat down every night to get the updates, and loved every minute of it! Sooo very special! Enjoy the meeting of the girls and send pictures when life slows down a bit. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! We miss you, Nances! Heidi and Mike

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Jenny V said...

Have a safe and quiet (hopefully) flight home! Congratulations!
Jenny V

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your journey! I hope you are home and resting by now. Phil, your grandma is in my thoughts and prayers- as are all of you.

kisses to jessica!!!

jen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home