Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Reading, Ranting and Rookin' cute

Yesterday after the girls naps it was time to head out for groceries. I left Jessica in the play loft and had lunch with Emma. For about 20 minutes I kept yelling up to the loft and asking Jessica to "please come down for lunch so we can go to the store". And for 20 minutes...excuses, excuses.
"Hold on mama, I comin' ", "No" and the occasional "ok".
Usually when a 2 year old is avoiding you it's because of something they've done you wish they hadn't. With every minute that passed by I was really being to wonder. As I walked up the stairs to find out what was going on, bad scenarios were going through my head. Was she drawing on the walls with Crayola's? Did she go #2 and was using it as fingerpaints? (not that she's done either of these before) Exactly what was the hold up? This is what I saw at the top of the stairs.

"Don't touch Mama, I readin' "

Sheer delight! The 2 year old loves to read. After my quick picture, I told her to "keep reading and come downstairs when you're done". And with that I went downstairs and waited another 20 minutes.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Okay Harvard or Yale have you decided yet?

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it!!
Jill

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

You have a studious one on your hands. Too cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home