Friday, March 10, 2006

One full week home

Hard to believe it's only been a week. A week ago I was ready to die. I wouldn't wish jetlag on my worst enemy. Now it's a week later, the girls are taking a nap and I'm getting ready for my mother in-law, sister in-law and her 6 month old. 3 kids in this house for the next week and the 2 and half year old with be the oldest...yikes! Now that I've sucessfully gotten some sleep life is good again. Emma has amazed us. Many people in and out of China would tell us that Emma was a "lucky girl", Phil and I are the ones that feel lucky. This baby has fit in our family so perfect and without a fuss. I worried before we left that Emma would have a hard time fitting in our family. We are loud, always on the go and can be obnoxious (although we try to keep this at home). I kept worrying about this quite little baby who we might scare. After the past few nights I feel much better. Jessica is running around dancing and singing to her favorite Jack Johnson CD, Phil's yacking on his cell phone pacing the floor (he always paces on the phone) and I'm banging pots and pans acting like I'm cooking more than just Stouffers. Then there's Emma.....flayling her arms around while jumping up and down in her saucer contributing to the noise by squealing up a storm. It's like she's always been right here. I remember reading other blogs and people were saying that even though the wait had gotten longer, that it's was all worth it as they had been given the "perfect for our family" baby. I remember thinking "ya right!" But sure enough, they were right. I remember thinking this while in China..looking around at the different babies with their families, thinking, "wow" what a perfect match. Emma seems to be doing great. She's eaten "American" food just fine...the other night she couldn't get enough lasagna. When we put her down for bed, it's a quick whimper or two and then lights out. She wakes up everynight with a small cry..as soon as she sees Phil coming in and getting ready to pat her belly she turns her head and goes back to sleep. She just wants to make sure we're still here. Jessica is doing a little better being a big sister. The first few days were pretty awful as she became even more demanding (hard to imagine, I know) and lost all potty training sense. Since receiving a few "big sister" gifts, that she knows are all hers and being giving a small potty all for herself, things have gotten better. Best example of this, was picking Jess up from preschool yesterday. I brought Emma in with me and set her on the floor in her carseat carrier (she gets the big carseat tomorrow). All the little kids ran over and wanted to kiss and touch Emma. Well, Jess came running over and shoved all of them out of the way proclaiming that, this was her baby Emma! She wouldn't let any of them touch her. So in just a short week, we all seem to be finding our spots in the new family. I plan to update the blog often and keep the pictures coming. I owe you the video of when Jessica and Emma first met. It's on it's way.......been a crazy week!

4 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Isn't it amazing just how every single baby seems to be matched perfectly with their family? I also was awestruck by that.

The new sibling thing gets much easier, but there will always be a little jealousy. But this too is a learning experience for both girls ...and for Mom. :)

Shelley

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you Amie for leaving a comment about my dining room set on my blog! Your daughters are just beautiful. I to have a dautgher (who will be four next month) and are excited by the fact that she will be a big sister. We hope to be DTC next month, so we still have a big wait ahead of us. Our only saving grace is that my husband is Chinese, so we hope to become expedited. We just have to wait and see. I will be visiting your blog often. Thanks again!

P.S. Love the name Emma - when I had my daughter Leah, we had two names picked out for a girl (Leah and Emma).

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

Thank you so much for your post the wait and about the perfect fit for your family. We have now waited longer than the May 23rd group as each LID gets longer, but knowing we will receive a baby perfect for us, helps a little.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

I enjoyed reading your journey - and Emma is a doll! Thanks, too, for the heads up on the Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag. Never heard of it before, but I have it added to my "wish list"! Looking forward to reading more updates. Feel free to visit us at estokjourney.blogspot

 

Post a Comment

<< Home