Friday, April 14, 2006

" A Man's Cat"

See this??



We laugh every time we see this bumper sticker. Then we quit laughing because, it's so not true for us. This is Rupert.


He was named after the big hairy dude from Survivor. Actually Rupert was my mom's cat for about 2 weeks. She left him with us while she went to Maui. When she came back she did not receive him back. He and Jessica (who was only 6 months at the time) became best of friends, and well...he was now her kitty.






Rupert is by far the sweetest cat you will ever met. He is always where Jessica is (now Emma too) and is willing to put up with whatever she dishes out. Now if Rupert were as smart as he is cute...we could go on the road. He's not a cat who can do tricks to the sound of a bell. I wouldn't be surprised if Rupert hears bells in his head all day long. Rupert is well, kinda, sorta....not really smart. I have only met 2 people that don't care for Rupert. We've actually had people come to the house proclaiming that they don't care for cats and by the time they leave, they're telling us how much they love Rupert. It's usually the men who proclaim, "I don't care for cats" and everytime it's that same man saying, "wow, Rupert's such a cool cat."
Rupert is an old stud cat and has been used to bathing since he was a kitten.

Because my family is long time friends with a breeder, she's given my mom, myself and my grandma many older stud cats. These cat's make the best pets for families with children. Just keep in mind that they're not as smart as they are cute!

8 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

AAwww..He is very cute! And I love that he takes a bath with your daughter. We had a yellow lab that was dumb as dirt, but so, so sweet. I think he would have been great with kids. Brains aren't always the most important thing to look for in a pet! :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

he totally does kinda look like the survivor dude! i love that kitty. i used to swear i'd never be with a man who hated cats....needless to say, i married a man who's so allergic i've watched him swell up before my eyes when in the presence of a kitty. sad but true. rupert's a keeper- glad the girls have a patient furry friend to play with!!

jen

(oh, and i guess i owe ya some recipes, don't i....they're coming.)

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cool cat!! Did he willingly get into the bath? Mine like to get into the tub once the water is gone, but I can't imagine them getiing in when it was full! Rupert rocks!!

Kris

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Love the picture of your daughter and the cat in the bathtub - my cats would flip if we ever got them near any water!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Of my 3 cats, only 1 would qualify for the bumper sticker- which I love by the way.
I think Rupert's fabulous! I love that he gets in the tub. I think that he, and Hobie our chubby female tabby may have been cut from the same bolt of cloth: not the brightest crayons in the box, but nice sweet furry little love buckets.
Our "baby", Beeps McNutt, adopted Tenley when she came home...and while she will sit in Ten's highchair and eat her meals, she draws the line at the bath.
Kiss Rupert for me.

~Michelle
www.yoichoichoi.blogspot.com

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Emily said...

was he actually taking a bath with her??!!! what a cute cat! our scottish fold sleeps with our 2 year old every night

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI there
This is Melanie, the "breader" of Rupert, except it is breeder. And he is not old! Just a little over three! I know he wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree here, but he has a heart the size of Georgia! And is one of the weeetest cats I have ever known. Most of my cats are really smart and extremely beautiful! And only the boys are studs! The girls ...well I think they would resent being called studs! You can see more of them here on my website at http://lollimops.com
and lots of them like their baths!
Thanks for giving "Rupert" (his real name is Yikes! Stripe!) a wonderful home.
Your kids are cute, your new baby is adorable and the blond baby looks just like you! So cute! I remember you almost at that age! Does that mean I am getting old?
You look like such a wonderful family!
I wish you long life and great health!
Melanie

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home