Tuesday, June 13, 2006

'high maintenance' and it's oh so fitting

8am this morning and Emma is screaming for more food. Jessica is throwing a fit because she's not wearing the dress I'm trying to move buttons on. Phil looks at me and says, 'these two are so high maintnance'. We've reached the point with Emma where the honeymoon is almost over. Usually when an adopted child (at least from what I have heard over the past year and a half) has been home for about 2-4 months their true personalities start to show. They no longer sit quitely and just ' go with the flow' sorta taking it all in. Emma now feels very comfortable being demanding, a little bit pushy and oh so whinny. You think you've heard a kid whine till you've heard Emma whine. Good Gawd is it the most annoying thing I've ever heard. And what's up with her standing up in her crib and screaming at 2,3 and 4am? We're running a little low over here in the sleep department.
This Sunday is Father's Day. I had to laugh when I went to buy Mr. Nance a gift. The shelves where almost clear, there was almost nothing to be bought. If Sunday were Mother's Day the shelves would be full and almost overflowing with items for purchase. The difference.....men procrastinate. I can't tell you the hilarious cards I have received for different occasions....the cards that just scream "I waited till the absolute last minute to buy this card". I may even have a card designed for an aunt, sister or teacher....although I truely am the wife...they must have been out of the 'wife' cards at T minus 30 minutes. So what did I buy him? I can't tell you yet it would spoil the surprise. To be honest, nothing terribly fancy. Pop (Phil's dad) while be here on Thursday through next Monday, Jessica can't wait....she loves the man!
Here's proof that Daddy is working hard for that Father's Day gift.

Daddy gets attacked by Jessica and has to play pretty princess

3 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Those photos are a crack up. Ah, the joys of fatherhood. Honeymoon's over huh? I wish you sleep and peace :) Hang in there!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil makes a pretty princess!
Love and Hugs
Jill

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger lisa said...

My daughter's name is Jessica too :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home