Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Mother of all birthday parties

Remember this? Just by looking at it you knew the party was going to be a blast. To give you a true feeling of what it was like to attend this birthday party extravaganza, let me tell you how hot it was for starters. Try 114 degrees! Yesterday was truely the hottest day in my existance.





Here is what we saw when pulling up to the birthday party for a 3 year old friend of Jessica
do yourself a favor and blow up these pictures, just click on them







A full carnival!

Exactly what does the Mother of all birthday parties include.......

Carnival booths with prizes


A live DJ. If I ever have to hear the Wiggles blared at 800 decibels again, I will throw up....just thought I would warn you






A blow up jumper with water slide and small pool a the bottom.

This is truely what saved the party. Without this they would have had to call 911

A homecooked, full BBQ for the parents.


A woman administering tattoos to all the children





Pony rides. I was certain PETA was going to show up. 114 degrees and ponies ??




A snow cone machine that was everyone's best friend






Two pinata's, as one is just never enough

Each child was given a sack lunch with 'carnival' type food. And of course, not just a brown sack, the birthday girls picture was on it!





Not one, Not 2, Not three, Not even four, But FIVE (yes 5) full bouncy houses. This one pictured, might have been larger than the first house I bought. No, actually I'm sure of it ...........






Fireworks to top it all off. Last time I checked, these were illegal


Did we have fun? Sure, in between feeling like we were going to pass out or sweat straight through our clothes. I actually was ready to set fire to my outfit once we got home. Why the hell did we stay? The mother just found out last week that she will be leaving with the Navy to serve for one full year. We were there to show our support....plus give me a break. Once you show up to something like this and figure how many thousands (not hundreds.....thousands) of dollars were spent...can you really just leave?


Jessica tearing it up on the climbing bounce house

Sliding down!



Here's what I find to be the most amazing thing of the day. While running 2 air conditioning units, 5 huge bounce houses, a DJ, a snow cone machine plus Gawd only knows what else...they never blew a fuse! Now that's impressive.
With Jessica's Princess party next, some of the parents were joking about wether or not we would be topping Sienna's party. The only I can think of to top off this party would be to have Walt Disney himself rise from the dead and attend. Do you have any great ideas?

This was at the family's home. And for anyone who lives in So Cal and has driven on I-15 near Temecula, you have probably wondered ...who would pay 1,000,000 to live on the freeway? Now we know.

11 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

I know....AIRCONDITIONING!!! Thats all ya need!!!

Are you having it inside? Good god - 114 degrees - I love the heat, but wow....

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger Emily said...

when is jessica's b-day?? my daughter's is 7-29-- wondering how close they are? our party??? we, too, have a pool, so it'll be play in the pool, peanut butter sandwiches, and cake... c'mon.. she's 3! stay cool in that pool!

Emily LID 1/16

ps-- how did the jar/pony work out??

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

i feel sorry for the girl. 3 years old and this is the party she gets? what will she get for 4 and 5 and 6 years old? while that's all good and cute and nice... it's overkill and that poor girl will grow up with big expectations etc...
and how in creation did the parents afford something like this?

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Kim M. said...

Wow talk about pressure! That's some kinda party. From the looks of it your fun parties poolside are much more fun and meaningful. Poor little girl nowhere to go but down from that. That looks like our schools Fall Festival!!!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

While I'm sure it was fun for the kids, I think that is insane. What are they going to do for the kid next year, or when she turns 10, or 16? I just don't get it.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger LindaJ said...

Holy cow...really? I thought i was going over the top for Lila's first B-day with us...We are going to only have 1 bouncy house and make ice cream sundaes. I feel like such a underachiver.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw that party set up yesterday from the freeway! We said, "it's 112 out! What are they doing? Is that at someone's house?!?!" We were on our way back from the beach where we were trying to escape the heat!

Courtney

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Holy toledo! I've never seen a kid's party quite like that. You're right, blowing up the picture really does it justice. Wow is all I can say. I won't be showing that to our little one...I was thinking friends and family at the local park for her first party. God I'm boring :)

Sounds like a blast!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

Wow! Just Wow! My idea of a great b-d party is the play-room at Wendy's...and 114? I'm dying in 90 degrees!!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Just Us Girls said...

Holy crap!! Thats crazy!! I cannot imagine spending that amount of money on any b-day party.

Jessica will just love hers :0)

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

OK, I am NOT going to let my son see these pictures!! His 5 yer birthday is coming up and we are having a boring party at a park...Looks fun, though!
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home