Saturday, July 08, 2006

Not sure we could have squeezed more 'crazy' into this week if we tried.

As if I have fans out there clinging to my every post....sorry for lack of posts, but this week was a doozy. Jessica's great friend Cameron had his 4th birthday party and as usual Jessica was the only girl at the party. EVERYONE in this town has little boys...oh well, she'll get her pick at prom!

Jessica hitting the pinata at Cameron's Party

About Monday we found out one of our friends had a bad accident. Long story ...short. Phil'g great friend Jonathan is in South America travelling. I have a great friend who went down to meet him and travel through the month of July. The first day my girlfriend showed up in Peru, John had a paragliding accident that has left him with the possibility to never walk again. Thankfully my girlfriend is fluent in Spanish and has been able to translate medical forms and speak with doctors. Jonathas girlfriend is also down in Peru and knows some diplimate that's been able to help. The whole thing is crazy. As I was reading the first email, I was in disbelief. He's had a surgery where they placed titanium rods and screws in his back. You can read more at his blog that his girlfriend is upkeeping for him. Then there's my girlfriend who is still wanting to travel but not quit sure what to do. You can read more at her blog. We've been receiving emails and a phone call from Peru and it does look like things are getting better!

Then it was Wednesday and I had an ultra sound that showed some mass in my uterus. They have no idea what it is or anything. I am to go back in 2 weeks for some fancy sonogram to pin point where and what it is. Problem is that I am sick and have been for over 5 weeks. Sick, like I can't eat I'm so nauseous and I have awful pain. I asked that my appt. be moved up considering they have an ultra sound picture to prove there's something "in there" and I'm sick. I was told to go to the ER. What the hell happened to service in the medical field? So we'll see how long I last.


Then there was last night. A bunch of girls went out for drinks and to see The Devil Wears Prada. Included in this group was my 9 month pregnant girlfriend. About 20 minutes into the movie after hearing huffing and puffing ...another friend and I looked at each other and that was it, time to go wait for her husband to meet her and head to the hospital. After spending some time at the hopsital they sent her home to labor. She was home long enough to take a shower and end up on all fours and then race back to the hospital. Baby Wilken was born before mommy could even put a foot in a stirrup. A poor frantic nurse delivered the baby as the doctor didn't make it in time.
Everyone is doing fine. Please welcome baby Landon.


This morning we went to another birthday party.

This time it was Jessica's best friend Chloe's birthday. This is a picture of Jessica and 2 of her 3 best friends from school. The party was at a place where they have huge jump houses that the parents can jump in too.
Tomorrow we're off to the beach. Grandma and Grandpa are condo sitting right on the beach. Ought to be a great time and this time we have the video camera charged up.
Hard to see....but this is yet another birthday party invite for next weekend. I swear it looks like some sort of diorama that I made in school. It's a 3D invite featuring Dora the Explorer hitting a pinata. According to this invite there will be ponies, slip and slide water things and a boat load of fun. So what am I to do with Jessica party right around the corner? One up.....of course! Just kidding....I'm really not the "one up" or "keeping up with the Jones's" type of parent. Hell that could just keep going on forever. Jessica has asked for a Princess Party and a Princess Party she will have. So far we have Snow White coming to sing and face paint. I'll be sure to post pictures of the Princess Ball.

So that's it folks, a crazy week full of friends with terrible accidents, masses in the uterus, babies born faster than lighting and the endless kids birthday parties to attend. Gawd only knows what next week will bring!

9 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

That is a crazy weekend. Your friend is in our prayers, AND, I just have to say, that is one beautiful baby!!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Wow, Aimee. I totally agree with your title of this post. You win the prize for craziest week. Sorry! Hope things are calmer next week. Take care of yourself.

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow! I'm feeling much better about my own week now! Not so crazy! Hopefully things settle down for you guys this week. And your friend is in my prayers too. It's the weirdest thing, because on of "my" Dad's had a freak accident on a skateboard, and broke his neck. You just never know what life is going to throw at you.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

I hope they find out soon what the mass is, so that you won't be in pain anymore; and I hope next week is a bit calmer for you.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Yep, you win - much busier than my week. I hope everything turns out ok with your "female issues". Please keep us posted. It doesn't sound like you got to watch all of the Devil Wears Prada. I saw it on Thursday - it's good. Perhaps you can go back and enjoy it. Good luck with everything!

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Kristin said...

Great photos... I had some catching up to do on your blog and I just love the pics from the beach and the 4th.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Jen said...

There should be another word that's stronger than "crazy" as "crazy" just doesn't seem to do it for you this week. :) Take care of yourself. I'm sending healthy blessings your way.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Tonia said...

You HAVE had a crazy week!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend.

Keep us posted!!

~Hugs

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Whoa...I thought my week was tough. I am sorry Aimee. Sorry for your friend and sorry for you. Please take care of yourself. GO TO THE ER if you have to!! I know that no one wants to...but...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home