Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mommy needs a sebbatical something fierce

It was about 4pm yesterday as I was watching the brown submarine floating through the bathtub (thank you Emma....this happens once a week) that it hit me. Game Over. I'm done. Mommy needs a break.
Phil came home and the girls were eating dinner as I sat at the end of the table zoning out. I told him, while watching Emma throw her half eaten chicken nuggets on the floor, that I need a 'mommy sebbatical'. He suggested getting a massage or pedicure. NO can do. This requires much more than a quick trip with friends to the local watering hole for adult beverages. This is bigger than 30 minutes of reading Hollywood Gossip while someone makes my feet resemble someone who actually isn't homeless. This requires sand, surf and lots of sun. In no way do I want anything that may resemble a sippy cup, chicken nugget, car seat, diaper, laundry or even a french toast stick within a 1000 mile radius.

And who's invited? Preferrably friends with no children. Why you ask? First off, I really don't want to hear about Johnny and his bowel movements or lack there of. I am completely uninterested in Cindy and her ability to pick her nose till her head caves in. And when it's my turn to babble about my children, please feel free to shoot me that, "I don't have kids, therefore I really don't care" look.
Ok, you can come even if you do have kids...but there's to be no more than 3 minutes each talking about the rugrats. And shopping. Just once I want to shop for myself. I find that it is soooo much easier buying in sizes 4T or 18months, you know the clothes are going to fit. It's taking time with baby in tow and trying on different clothes that just never happens. I'm not looking to film 'Mommy's gone wild"...just nice dinners, glasses of wine, reading worthless gossip mags while sitting on the beach and oh twist my arm, throw in a few 'fu fu' drinks, heck I'll even take intellectual conversation.

In the meantime, we will be getting away this weekend. First stop, Del Mar Fair ( I refuse to call it the San Diego fair) then off to Carlsbad beach where we have a 2 bedroom condo for the next 2 nights. It should be a great weekend.

guess i should note that the princesses will be with us this next weekend. a childless weekend is something i can only dream about at this point

4 Comments:

At 12:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Aimee,

I totally understand and I am on sebbatical right now myself!

Yep, the "brown submarine" shows up at least once a week. The last time my husband was on bath duty and he described it as "projectile". Ewww.

My in-laws have thankfully taken the little hurricane for a week, and while I am very jealous of your beachy destinations (I too would like to go somewhere with sand & palm trees)I am also just relishing the opportunity to clean the house, sleep in, go through my closet and go to the movies.

Have a REALLY REALLY great kid-free weekend!!!!

~Michelle
www.yoichoichoi.blogspot.com

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Don't have my baby yet...but check out the blog - trying to plan a girls trip. Just a long weekend. Tried for NYC - not coming together. New thought South somewhere. (south of disorder as Jimmy Buffet would say!!!) If you feel like getting TOTALLY away - come on and join the fun!!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

I have only been a mom 20 days and I want to come with you. I never knew that nap time was so precious, to me!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

Ohh,I want to come and I don't even know you! I will be in so cal in August and want to try and organize a "blogger girls night out". Would that help?
Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home