Thursday, August 03, 2006

Please pray for us.....

Monday afternoon while picking Jessica up from school, I had mentioned to her teacher that out off 22 invitations for Jessica's Princess party, only 1 boy was coming(and this doesn't included other invites for friends not at her school). I explained to her it would be kinda hard to truely enjoy a princess party with most of the attendee's being boys and that I would have to request them to wear tiaras and act like princesses; something I'm sure would make all the father's 'oh so proud'. The teacher said that most of the kid's don't RSVP and will just show up. Great, where does that leave me with how much food and things like goodie bags? Ya certainly can't have enough for everyone but just one kid. Then the next day I was filing out endless paperwork at the Preschool for the upcoming school year. Sophia's mom came to me with a paper in her hand and seemed a little worried.

"I promise I was going to call you today, we're coming to Jessica's party"





"Oh thank you, that's great."

I could see she was referring to a piece of paper in hand. I asked to look at what she was holding

Crazy Ms Wendy! I quickly explained to Sophia's mother that I had not written this. And this it was Ms Wendy. I honestly don't think she believed me. Ms Wendy had placed this paper in each of the chidlren's folders to be taken home. Needless to say...the RSVP's are coming in which is good news. The bad news is that the RSVP's are coming in. I'm certain that between the children who are RSVP'ing and those who plan to just show up...my backyard ought to look like this by about 2pm on Saturday.

Seriously, pray for us. Mama may have gone a little overboard (who me? ....never).

update; I just called Mr Nance and jokingly said that 4 more people called this morning to say they were coming to the party. His response; "Holy Shit we'll need more beer." Hmmmmm does he not know that this weekend is the party for the 3 year old and not the annual White Trash Party?

9 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Elise said...

Wait til she's 10 and she wants to invite all the girls in her class, all the girls in her GS troop, all the girls on her basketball team to a slumber party!!! And your husband decides to check into the nearest hotel room to get away from squealing, pre-pubescent, out of control girls that have hijacked your house. It doesn't get easier as they get older!!! Have fun;0).

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

That picture is hilarious! Hey, my son's birthday is on Saturday, too! We had the opposite happen. We invited 30 kids and only 5 can come. But it will be fun...Good Luck!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Hm, a white trash party... I might steal that idea for my next party theme! Hehe.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Emily said...

ok--- having just done Natalie's party-- some advice for the future:
1. never invite more than 6 kids-- otherwise you will have a psychotic mess and a gazzillion presents that you will end up giving to Good Will
2. People don't RSVP-- i don't know why (I always do!) but I had to call 1 or 2 of my invitees to see if they were coming.
3. i will so be praying for come Saturday!!
4. Cannot believe the teacher put that note in everyone's folder-- what was she thinking????


Good Luck, Happy 3rd Birthday, Jessica!!!!


Emily

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Thumbelina's Mom said...

My son turns 12 on the 5th and we're going to the Putting Edge (glow-in-the-dark-mini-golf)...no extra kids in my house = no extra mess to clean up. Good luck with yours!!!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Okay, cool. I'll bring my trailer and four more kids. You cool with that? Just kidding. I hope you survive. I can't wait to see the photos from THAT event :)

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger SARA said...

Goodness.....I'll notify all the churches in a 20 mile radius to start their prayer groups for you!!!! LOL Hope you survive!
Can't wait to see pics of all the princesses and "princes"

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Everyone Has a Story... said...

My Mom constantly tells the story of when I was in like 2nd grade and my party was after school. She looked out the window and I was like the pied piper, 20-30 of my closest friends were following me home. I guess I had invited everyone I saw at the playground that day! She said she was frantically pulling things out of goodie bags to fill more....just enjoy the day and remember that this will be a story told for 30 years or more! Oh and don't forget to post some pictures for all of us to see! Have fun!

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Jessica. Hope you had a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home