Thursday, November 30, 2006

I've been to hell, I know what it looks like

Oh the agony....... the pain! Torture, pure torture. And I did it to myself. For the second time in less than 8 days, I trapped myself, my husband and both the Hogettes in the portrait studio at JC Penney. The first time I tortured all of us with the thought of capturing gorgeous Christmas pictures of my darling little angels, all hell broke loose.

Dressed in outfits brought home from China, Emma acted like we were stabbing her with hot pokers. The screaming! The tears! "MAMA, MAMA". Arms extended. Snot pouring out of her nose. All after waiting in a crowded, stuffy waiting room. Other kids screaming, couples fighting, people getting impatient...you know, the types of attitudes that let you know we're all about to embark on the holidays. We left, without buying one photo and quickly made another appointment, but not till after watching Jess push some little boy down on the floor....whole other story.

So today....dragging Mr. Man into the same stuffy waiting room by his fingernails to once again set sail for those adorable holiday photos. All gussied up and ready to go. And once again it was 500 people stuffed into a closet sized room with 10 employees and of course NONE of them were doing anything.

Be still my beating heart.....Emma's actually sitting there, smiling. Great, we may be able to pull this off. Huh? What the hell is Jessica doing with her dress? Why is she pulling it up and showing off her underwear? STOP! Please just stop!

OK, please for the love of Pete just smile. This is wear mom who's wearing the new Gap wool blend sweater bursts into a sweat. The sweat is rolling down my back. I'm begging, pleading....offering things I can't even provide to Jessica. Please just sit there and smile. PLEASE! All the while Mr. Man is doing everything but striping down naked and standing on his head so that they look into the camera.

Whatever. Who really cares? Right? We ended up buying a picture that I'm not so sure even resembles my kids. Shit who knows...I should of bought someone else's pictures of their kids, because I'm not really sure I care anymore. Cute kids, but who's are they?

And because I'm a total loon. I'm going back for more torture with just Emma tomorrow. I WILL GET CUTE PICTURES.........I WILL

9 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Stacey T. said...

I can't take Ryleigh for her pictures. I think she thinks that it's the doctors office and screams and cries and tries to jump off the table....maybe someday.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm sorry...the visual has me laughing.

Poor thing...this sounds like quite a feat. As soon as you give up the perfect shot will present itself. Always the way.

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Colleen said...

Did you pull the "Santa won't bring you any presents" one?? Isn't that supposed to work?? LOL!!!

 
At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why we took the tripod and did ours outside this year! We got some pretty good ones! Good Luck!!
Lisa
smithpartyof6

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

That sounds like our time with Shayna for her 1st birthday pictures at Sears. Oh, we will not be doing that again. Good luck tomorrow with E.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger The Mouniers said...

Gee, that sounds just like you and your sister when you were little and Laura used to cry and get red eyes and you used to get that fake smile that made me want to scream. Sweet!

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think you should stic with the picture of you guys at Thanksgiving. I know it's not "Christmasy", but it is very cute! It does not sound like you had a good time!

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why we use a photographer that will meet us somewhere outside! =) Courtney

 
At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I am so glad someone else had a similar experience to us! We just tried to take pictures in our yard with two ponies and it was a disaster ending with everyone screaming. So don't feel like the Lone Ranger. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home