Thursday, October 26, 2006

Trick or treat, smell my feet, give me something good to eat

Today marks the 3 year anniversary of when we moved to Temecula. And for this special occasion Mother Nature decided to throw us a party complete with fire and smoke. Three years ago while pulling up in the U-haul pretty much all of San Diego was on fire. It was totally crazy. As we pulled up we could see a fire heading up and over a hill, towards us. We weren't sure weather to unpack the Uhaul or just keep everything in boxes and flee. So once again, we're on fire! This is looking out our office widow. Usually you could see mountains off in the distance. Today the entire town was full of smoke and raining ash.









Last night we carved pumpkins. Jessica's job was to pull out all of the "guts". She didn't really appreciate her job












I carved a ghost, Jessica (with my help) carved a smiley face and Phil carved a skeleton. Because it's been soooo hot, Emma's pumpkin has already started rotting.




Last weekend we took the girls out to the pumpkin patch.
Only in California can you go to the pumpkin patch in late October and sweat to death. It was so blasted hot! We waited over 45 minutes for a stinkin' 3 minute pony ride. After a few hours Jessica threw a fit and we were outta there....we didn't even buy pumpkins


















Emma's first Halloween













Mama's little pumpkins

to see more Pumpkin Patch photos click here

This weekend we are to attend the mother of all Halloween parties. Adult Halloween Party!! This year we're going to a party where everyone brings a little something to eat and we'll have a live band. There is nothing I love more than parties where people are supposed to dress up. I LOVE dress up parties. Here is past costumes we have worn to parties.





This was when we went to New Orleans with a bunch of friends to see Widespread Panic for Halloween. Our group dressed up as the Royal Tanenbaums. I went as Margo and Phil went as Richie.







For years, I begged Phil to dress as a Spartan Cheerleader (from SNL). And he finally did. Unfortunately the great party we were to attend was a total dud. There went the hours of cheer practice. And boy was I ready.
Taco, burrito, what's bustin outta your speedo ?


Can you tell by the look on Phil's face, how excited he was about this costume.....he's still complaining!










Phil went as White Trash and I went as Mrs. Roper.
The best part is that the outfit I was wearing was something my grandmother used to own and wear! This year we had stumbled across the awesome party (in Denver) on the top floor of an apartment building. It was a huge conference room, with a DJ, drinks and you could walk outside on the roof.


Last year we were Slash and Wonder Woman. For all you faithfull readers (yes, I'm talking to all 2 of you.) Wonder Woman is my all time favorite person!


Any ideas on what we'll be this year?

7 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

I'm still laughing at the look on Jessica's face with her hand in that pumpkin....priceless. I'll have to come back to the other pics later!

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Joannah said...

You have worn some really creative costumes. I'm impressed!

I love the idea of costume parties, but I usually draw a blank when it comes to putting a costume together. It creates anxiety for me.

We can smell the fire all the way over here. I'm just sick that it was arson and that four firefighters lost their lives.

Be safe!

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My best friend went one year as a beekeeper and she made her boyfriend go as the bee. Hilariuos!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

Oh my God, Cameron wanted me to be wonder woman this year!! I said NO! If I looked like you did in the costume, i may have...You are a talented pumpkin carver!

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Beth and Shayna said...

Okay, first, the girls are too freakin' cute in the pumpkin patch. I love the pictures.

I have been to California during a fire in San Diego, not fun. I hope the air clears up soon.

And about wonder woman, I still remember my wonder woman swimsuit. I used to try to fly around the pool and I think I lived it that suit for two years.

Have fun at your party. I cannot wait to see what you are this year.

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I totally had the Wonder Woman underoos...or whatever they're called for girls. Wore them ALL THE TIME. I used to set my alarm to wake up to watch Wonder Woman on TV on Saturday mornings, remember her little sister? Andromeda? or something? LOVED her too. I can't wait to see what you're going to be this year. I have no talend at carving pumpkins...Jessica and I are in the same camp with the guts too-yuck!!

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

The most non-difficult costume I've seen was a girl wearing a slip with bits of paper saying ID and SUPER ID, etc. on it. You guys really get into it! Looking forward to seeing this years pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home