Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I feel a soar throat coming on...........

Later today, I am off to the GI doctor for an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (admit it, you're impressed with this word..and that I spelled it correctly). This is where they are sticking a scope down through my mouth and into my stomach to see if I have an ulcer. This was recommended by the OBGYN. Before he starts cutting out lady parts he wants to be sure I've covered my bases. I feel a sore throat coming on because it just has to hurt, pulling a scope back out through my throat, that's what I am preparing for at least. What I'm a little worried about is being put under. The last time this happened, I was about 8 and had my tonsils taken out. Actually back then I wasn't too scared. If I remember correctly it was Eric Piercy who brought his floating tonsils in a mason jar to school for "show and tell". I mean really how bad could it be? Not only did he live to tell about it, he had the tonsils, in a jar. I decided to forfeit my tonsils to the hospital, I mean really, how many floating tonsils do kids need to see in one school year for "show and tell"? I'm 31 years old and I'm still talking about his!


Then Wens. I have a pre-op appointment for the laparoscopy appointment I have next Monday. Wensday, I figure out more about the appoinment for next Monday and come up with a game plan.




Oh wait, Thursday I have a dentist appointment to finally put my crown back on......maybe. Here's a long story, even longer. About 3 or so years ago, while talking to Phil half of my back molar fell out. In a hurry I chose a crappy dentist. This crappy dentist put a silver and porcelain crown on. Not two years later while in China eating a pot sticker, this crown fell out. Because the crown was guaranteed for 5 years, I get a new one for FREE. Here's the problem, between the time they fit me for a new crown and last week, more of my back molar fell out.OK, stop questioning me. YES, I do brush my teeth and I even floss for good measure. I blame my mother for this. It's her bad tooth gene that has plagued my entire mouth! I know what you're thinking.... with all your teeth falling out maybe you should be a carney. Hey, don't think I haven't thought about it. If Phil's whole new business thing doesn't work out, I will be 'The Toothless Wonder' at your local fair, attempting to twist balloons into some sort of animal.





It's great that Phil is working from home. While Emma is taking a nap I can dash out to all the different appointments. It's race against the clock. Our new insurance kicks in October 1st. Having been self employed before and having delt with insurance companies before, I learned my lesson. If you so much as claim you've had a hang nail sometime in the past 5 years they will deny you faster than you can say deny. So needless to say (this would be where any of you working for health insurance companies can stop reading) I haven't been totally honest about the fact that I spent more time at the OBGYN's office than the beach this summer. If any surgery or other big appointment is going to happen...times a ticken' and I need to be seen NOW. And really I haven't been feeling that bad. I still get bouts of nausea where I can't eat a thing. And then every now and then I get the horrible pelvic pain. So, who knows?

7 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Hope you get some answers soon! Again, resist the urge to have them put any 'removals' in a jar!

Oh, and I'll be looking for you at the next carnival ;0)

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Johnny said...

Ask for "Versaid" when you get the scope.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Abby's Mom said...

I work in Icu and have assisted with this procedure often. Don't worry, you will get good medication (probably versed and demeral) and won't mind or remember the procedure at all.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Gracencameronsmomy said...

Oh, i hope it goes well. I have to have a crown put on AND a laproscopy, too! Fun!(Not)I can spell, really, I just don't have time to spell check!
Lisa

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

Wow! You have so much going on. Take care!

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

I had that procedure done about 15 years ago and was diagnosed with 2 ulcers. I don't remember any of it. They'll drug you up and you'll be sleeping through the whole thing. You'll be just fine...good luck!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Here's a hint on insurance...if you run the insurance through your business (yes, INC or LLC) you can get a group plan. They can NOT deny you for pre-conditions. It's the individual plans that can do that. We're going through that right now....long story.

Good luck with your medical stuff. I had a laproscopy about 18 mths ago. You'll do fine I promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home