Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not exactly what I had in mind for today, but I'm at least 500.00 richer




With a few goals in mind; sell leather sectional couch so that Phil can get his car in the garage plus use the money from the couch to pay neighbors for the bar and stools they gave us earlier this summer.....what else, but have a yard sale. Typically my idea of a yard sale is to call salvation army and tell them to "come and get it". But we really did have decent stuff to get rid of (minus the hideous chair I'm sitting in, which now has a FREE sign on it).

Phil sporting the sexy Lowe's money belt


This is what happens when the 3 year old gets a little too sassy while mom and dad are busy trying to sell off their crap.

We were up at 6am and Phil dashed out to put out my "crappy" signs (I've been taken it in the ear all morning about how awful my floppy signs were) by the time Phil got back around 6:20 I had sold almost all the "good stuff". Keep in mind that the sale wasn't to start till 7am. Well it's a little after noon and I'm hunkered down with my 500 bucks getting ready to watch hours of college football :) Not bad, not bad at all

9 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger C's Mom said...

Woohoo - good for you!

That last pic, her face, OMG! I'm laughing at the poor girl.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Emily said...

500- dang!!! i have now become addicted to getting the kids their clothes and presents from garage sales (the good stuff, mind you) got 12 clothes fora 3 year old for 12 bucks:)

glad you're back!!!

Emily

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Colleen said...

Whoa.....nice work!!! I've been hoarding so many things to sell - (or call salvation army). Like you said - some of the stuff is "good" and I can probably make some "ching". I should work on that!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger t~ said...

I usually donate it, but I have some good stuff that I'd like to make a few bucks on. However, my neighborhood doesn't allow garage sales...which really stinks. I'll just have to sucker a friend into having one.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! That pic of Jess is Hysterical. I need to get me some of that for Bella.

They must have taken the same happy pill this weekend.

Nicole

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Oregon? Really? :)

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

BTW - That pix of Jessica is hysterical. You must frame that one. hee hee

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Don't cha love garage sales? And I'm sure you had that one person (ok, maybe more) that dickered with you over a 50 cent item...wanting to know if you'd take a quarter for it instead!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

OMG!! That last picture has me laughing out loud!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home