Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Calling all California teachers

If you have gotten your California teaching credential ONLINE after receiving a bachelor's degree could you please email me? Here's what I am trying to accomplish. With my bachelor's of science in marketing from the University of Oregon, I am wanting to get my multiple subject credential to teach K-8. I want to do this online, as I need to work while going to school. The more research we put into this, the more confusing it is. I am looking for a reputable online college that would fulfill California's requirements. Any and all help is appreciated.

2 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Meg said...

I'm not sure about california but I know my sister had a bachelors in english from a NY college and an elementary school hired her with the understanding that she had to complete her teachers requirements in 2 years....she was paid for teaching and they even helped pay for some of her classes....maybe look into something like that?......the nice thing was those first two years ended up counting toward tenure.....not a bad deal!
Meg

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Joannah said...

I've never heard of anyone getting their credential online, but Phoenix or National might offer such programs. I'm getting my master's online, but I earned my credential in person. In order to complete your credential you'd have to do a semester's worth of student teaching, too. And, sorry, that's not paid. You can get an emergency credential and substitute after you pass the CBEST.

Good luck and email me if you have more questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home